Park County IT Department is committed to providing technology support, training, consultation and analysis, and solutions for its employees as well as the City of Livingston's employees. We work mainly in the City-County Complex office, but also support the City and County's outer lying offices. We plan, implement, and support technology that allows County and City departments to function efficiently while providing security and integrity of the County and City's systems and data.
Employees may contact the IT Department by e-mail, in person, or by phone.
We promise to offer friendly, effective and timely response for resolution to all Information Technology support requests. To summarize, we accept responsibility for:
- Application software and database development and support
- Data Security, Accessibility, and Retention
- Desktops, Laptops, and peripherals procurement, installation, maintenance, and support
- Electronic mail system support and management
- IT Resources backup and disaster recovery
- LAN and WAN infrastructure management and security including Internet access
- Networked and Local Printers and Scanners maintenance and support
- Office and procedures automation
- Servers maintenance and management
- Telephone and voice-mail systems management
- Training and technical support
- Website development and maintenance
Articles and Tips
November 2013 Cabling Project
Park County's IT infrastructure has been growing in leaps and bounds. Over a year ago, IT started replacing servers, switches and then CAT 5e-6 cabling....Take a look at this linkand view the before and after pictures of the latest Cabling Project.
Process to Contact IT Department for Help
Please escalate problems in the following order:
- Send detailed e-mail to Park County's IT department if you are able, and include details/error codes, etc.
- If unable to e-mail and it is during normal business hours, please call IT at 406-222-4197
- For after hours, please call the On-Call IT phone number: 406-220-1973
Monthly Security Tips Newsletter.
- May 2014 - Protecting Against Mobile Malware
- Apr 2014 - Hacked! Now What?
- Mar 2014 - Protect Yourself from Online Tax Scams
- Feb 2014 - Personal Backup & Recovery of your Data
- Jan 2014 - The Internet of Things, Bitcoins, and Mobile Transaction Risks
- Dec 2013 - Cyber Hygiene with the Top 20 Critical Security Controls
- Nov 2013 - Cyber Monday & Online Shopping
- Oct 2013 - Take the CIS Cyber Security Pledge
- Sept 2013 - Social Networking Sites: Security & Privacy Issues
- August 2013 - Java Exploits
- July 2013 - Using Wi-Fi: Connect with Care
- June 2013 - Keeping Senior Citizens Safe Online
- May 2013 - Do You Know Where Your Personal Information Is?
- April 2013 - Protect Yourself from Email Phishing Attacks