Supporting Community Mental Health
To promote mental health wellness that improves accessibility to services through education, outreach, and reducing the gaps and barriers to resources through an inclusive community collaboration.
The Park County Local Advisory Council (LAC) assesses, plans, and advocates to strengthen behavioral health services in the community through a collaboration of persons with lived experiences, community members, and agencies, ensuring that those impacted by mental health engage in the process.
The LAC provides input and recommendations to the Montana Behavioral Health Advisory Council and other State behavioral health agencies.
Amy Titgemeier-Stevens, Bill Berg, Eleanor Wend, Julie Anderson, Rebecca Ruhd, Sara Bandstra, Shannan Piccolo, Granville Boone
COMMUNITY TO COMMUNITY
MAKING A DIFFERENCE ACROSS MONTANA
FOR PEOPLE WITH MENTAL ILLNESS
What is a Local Advisory Council?
A coalition of community members interested in assessing, planning and strengthening behavioral services in their community.
What does it mean for my community?
Those impacted by the effects of mental illness can ensure that their voice, suggestions, and ideas can make a difference in how services are planned and provided.
Who can participate?
All those concerned and interested in how persons with mental illnesses are treated and helped to achieve independence and health.
Objectives of a LAC may include the following:
- Identify gaps in services
- Recommend potential additions to services within the community
- Analyze and discuss problems with service providers, advocacy groups, public officials and the general public
- Facilitate accurate and timely communications between the local community and other governing entities
- Assess the effectiveness of local mental health services and suggest ways services may be more effective
- Serve as a catalyst and facilitator in solving local mental health service problems
- Organize and coordinate needed services in the community
- Educate the local community on mental health issues
Your involvement is important to the comprehensive local planning and development of mental health support in Park County.
We are seeking a diverse representation of members which include service agencies, employers, school representatives, community stakeholders and more.
For more information on LAC policies and guidelines or LAC contact information, visit the Addictive and Mental Disorders Division webpage. You may also review "Local Advisory Council and Service Area Authority Information" online here.