About the Commission
Park County has a Commissioner form of government. The three County Commissioners file from one of three districts in the county, but are elected at large and each represents the entire county. The terms for elected officials in Park County are for four (4) years and are non-partisan. One Commissioner runs in the non-presidential election year and the other two run in a presidential year.
All legislative, executive, and administrative powers and duties belong to the Commissioners unless specifically designated to other officials. The Commissioners appoint other Department Heads and employees, except those appointed by other officials.
Powers are limited by state law, but Commissioners may exercise broad authority in these and other areas including:
- Build and maintain county roads and bridges
- Control and care for county property
- Appoint numerous advisory and decision-making boards such as the tax appeal board, planning board, fair board, weed board, airport authority, etc.
- Prepare, review and decide on the annual county budget
- Adopt and administer personnel policies and negotiate union contracts
- Provide for law enforcement and correctional facilities in the county
- Plan and provide for parks, playgrounds, and other recreational facilities
- Provide for solid waste collection and disposal services
DISTRICT 1- STEVE CALDWELL
Phone: o.406-222-4118 c. 406-222-4687 h. 406-222-4687
DISTRICT 2- BILL BERG
Phone: o. 406-222-4105 c. 406-223-2565
DISTRICT 3- CLINT TINSLEY
Phone: o. 406-222-4107 c. 406-224-3376 h. 406-222-0771
To contact the three Commissioners collectively: Contact.
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT - CARLY AHERN
OFFICE PHONE: 406-222-4106
PARK COUNTY COMMISSION MEETINGS are held every Tuesday at 9:00am and typically take place at the City-County Building, 414 E. Callender St., Livingston, MT, in the Commissioner Chambers unless otherwise indicated.
The public may opt to call in by dialing, 1-571-748-4021, ID 2896157#, and/or opt to participate virtually at, https://gomeet.com/parkcountycommission. If the public elects to call-in to attend the meeting, we ask that you please mute your phone. At times it is necessary to mute all phones if there is a caller who has background noise and not muted. If this occurs, to unmute, dial *6 to speak during the meeting.