Click here for Park County Flooding Updates and Resources

Self-Help Law Program

Self-Help Law Program

If you  need help with a civil law matter and don't have an attorney, the Self-Help Law Program may be able to assist you. While our staff cannot give you legal advice, we may be able to help you: 

  1. Learn about your legal rights
  2. Find legal information
  3. Locate forms and explain how to complete them
  4. Answer general questions about court procedures
  5. Provide referrals to other organizations that may be able to help you       

Examples of legal issues that we can help with are:

  1. Divorce
  2. Parenting Plans
  3. Landlord / Tenant
  4. Probate
  5. Other civil law matters such as starting a lawsuit or responding to a lawsuit

There is no charge for this service. Help is available in Livingston by appointment only. To schedule an appointment, please call 406.582.2158. 

When leaving a message, please leave your name, number, and a brief description of what you need help with (for example, "help with parenting plan forms").

If you are in the Bozeman area, you can get help at the Gallatin County Self-Help Law Center located in the Law and Justice Center. Our Bozeman hours are generally:

  • Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday,  8:00 am - 5:00 pm
  • Wednesday,  8:00 am - 2:00 pm

            ***These hours are subject to change***

For more information or to confirm hours of operation you may call 406.582.2158


Looking for something?